Thursday, September 29, 2016

Playing catch-up: Mama Lucy got adopted!

I'm so sorry to all of y'all that have been looking for more pictures of kittens over the past couple of months; I haven't had any!

Mama Lucy's litter of four were all adopted (the boys went together, and so did the girls) and I was left with just Mama Lucy for almost two months!

I knew that it would take a while to get her adopted because we were OVERFLOWING with kittens in the shelter, and the older cats always get passed over when there are lots of babies. I COULD have taken Miss Lucy in to the shelter and let her stay there while waiting for adoption, but I was worried about how unhappy she would have been in that situation. She took such a long time to warm up to our housecat (Trinket) that I knew she'd end up in one of the small single-cat cages instead of the nicer "playroom" pens, and I knew that the noise and constant flow of strange smells and people would cause her to panic. She was so shy when I first brought her home, and I didn't want her to revert to her old behaviors. 

So insted she stayed with us at the house until two weeks ago. 

I finally got an email from a young lady who wanted to meet Miss Lucy, and it turned into a case of love at first sight! We drove all the way down to South Austin for a meet and greet, and ended up treking over to the shelter to fill out the adoption paperwork the same day! 

I'm so happy that Miss Lucy has a forever home, and her new mom seems absolutely smitten with her! 

Good luck in your new home Lulu!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment